Nazarene Israel ministries seeks to make disciples of the original faith (once delivered to the saints by Yeshua HaMashiach) of all nations, which is the Great Commission given to us by Yeshua our Husband and King.
This means that Nazarene Israel seeks to make disciples that behave and present themselves as if we were living in the first century and Yeshua was walking here among us. Meaning that we all should represent Yeshua HaMashiach in a way that He would be happy and pleased to call us His ambassadors each moment. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
In order to represent our King and Messiah in a way that is pleasing to Him, and to become the true, faithful servants that He is happy to call His friends, Nazarene Israel will lovingly enforce standards set by Yahweh’s word (Scripture). And all representatives of Nazarene Israel (paid and unpaid staff members, disciples, and volunteers) are required to abide by such codes of ethics, as the Nasi and/or the BDG counsil determines. Disciplinary actions (including to termination and/or removal from NI) will be enforced in situations where such standards explained by leadership are not met.
Examples of Code of Ethic Violations include (but are not limited to):
- Insubordination to NI leadership (Nasi/BDG council members).
- Refusal to correct behavior addressed by the Nasi/BDG counsil.
- Disrespectful behavior toward fellow brothers and sisters.
- Inappropriate use of language.
- Any show/act of violence.
- Inappropriate appearance/behavior regardless of time or place. (Ex. revealing photographs, sexual messages, unprofessional mannerism, inappropriate language, etc.).
- Violation of any Nazarene Israel doctrine as described in the Nazarene Israel studies, as posted on the Nazarene Israel website, or as explained by NI leadership.
- Violation of any Nazarene Israel policies (such as this one).
- Any behavior deemed as inappropriate, unethical, and violation of NI doctrine by Nasi/BDG council.
Such violations could occur in-person, online, on social media, during work hours, or during personal time, for some examples. As disciples of Yeshua, staff members (paid and/or volunteer) are to represent Yeshua HaMashiach appropriately 24-7. Nazarene Israel does not differentiate between business and personal lives when considering a spiritual brother’s/sister’s behaviour and attitude.
The Matthew 18 Process:
Upon violation of such code of ethics (as the BDG and Nasi determine) the staff member/ disciple/volunteer will be counselled by a member of leadership as an attempt to help correct the brother/sister and as a warning prior to termination/removal from Nazarene Israel. This is in compliance with the Matthew 18 Process.
If correction is not made by the staff member/disciple/volunteer at the level necessary to uphold Nazarene Israel standards, the next step will be to terminate the position of staff member/disciple/volunteer (or otherwise dismiss the member from NI ministries). Termination and/or dismissal automatically ends any previous compensations and any use/possession of Nazarene Israel equipment. Unless otherwise determined by the BDG counsil, equipment must be returned to destination assigned by the Nasi or an authorized BDG council member.
Reentry will be dependent upon:
- A show of genuine remorse and repentance for the inappropriate behavior/action (as determined by the Nasi and/or BDG counsil).
- A show of continued correction from the unaccepted behavior/action (as determined by the Nasi and/or BDG counsil).
- Approval of reentry by the Nasi.
As previously stated, Nazarene Israel’s purpose is to make truly dedicated disciples of Yeshua HaMashiach and His true, original faith that He established. Our desire is to lead spiritual brothers and sisters according to His Spirt, to walk in such ways that are pleasing to Him. While we love our spiritual brothers and sisters in Yeshua, as His servants doing His work we are responsible to uphold the ministry to His standards. NI seeks to provide the appropriate level of counselling available for a brother or sister who genuinely seeks help. If such a brother or sister is reluctant to submit to the Spirit after such counselling has been given, Nazarene Israel will follow the termination process and continue to pray for said brother or sister.
Note: Participation in NI ministries is automatic agreement of this policy.